Monday, November 27, 2006

Super-Sonic Booms

SSB

No, it isn't really Super-Sonic Boom. It's a Monday morning and my brain is already tapped out (as are 2,033 words towards final number 1, due on Wednesday). It's from last night's rerun of Sex and the City, and it means Secret Single Behavior.

As a soon-to-be-never-single-again gal, I'm starting to see the traces of single life behind me. My last birthday as an unmarried woman, my last semester of school before I have to support more than just myself, my last holiday season as a Miss rather than a Mrs. You'd expect I have a lot of SSBs for someone who was constantly single prior to this relationship. I do, but you won't hear about them here.

Or at least not all of them. Kevin knows my habits. I like to peel off my nail polish, but I'll do that in public. I paint my nails obsessively (because of habit number 1), and cut my split ends too. Somehow I'm convinced that it will help my hair grow out faster if I spend enough time hunched over every strand that is even thinning at the tip. I browse through thousands of wedding dresses, sometimes more than once, although that shouldn't be an issue once I'm not planning a wedding anymore.

I stress over my pores, something Kevin has heard about, but never seen. All the hidden primping, puffing and buffing will come out into the open, although I'd say my morning routine is less extensive (but more OCD) than most. Wake up, pee, wash hands, put in contacts, wash face, acne treatment, day lotion, eye cream, wash hands. Every day. I only wear makeup when I go to work or church, but that's because I rarely go out anywhere else anymore. I finally bought a "real" brush to replace the free mini-brush that came with my curling iron six years ago. It was suppose to be "anti-static," but it is the exact opposite. I brush my hair only when it's still a tad bit damp from air-drying, and with a copious amount of shine spray.

I could go on and on about my weird OCD-tinged SSBs, but I won't. It's almost 10:30 and I have to work. There are probably a million little SSBs I won't even notice until they're exposed, but that will just be a nice little surprise, won't it? I hope Kevin thinks so, too.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?