Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Stuff on Hilary Duff

On my days off, I like to watch the Tyra Banks show. I also watch America's Next Top Model. See a trend?

Yesterday's guest was Hilary Duff, the squeaky clean now-brunette actress, singer, designer, charity worker. I've always liked Hilary Duff for her perkiness, clean image, and boyfriend (I'll admit at one point in my life I thought I'd be the one to marry Joel Madden), but it made me realize something.

Tyra Banks is famous for her beauty, Victoria's Secret, and that ginormous forehead. Basically, her show has been a way for her to talk about what she wants to and to be absolutely silly for an hour a day in LA. Some of the topics have been fascinating, and she is known for putting herself out there (mammogram, fat suit, etc.). Great, when you consider that most others just sit on a couch.

Silliness is all well and good, but it seems to me that poor Tyra is compensating for the loss of her childhood to modelling. Whoa, deep, but why else would she take direction on how to make her own perfume from a 19-year-old and then not follow any of it, spill it, and do some other inane things? She tried eating some of the beauty products from Carol's Daughter the other day (or at least pretended to try), which was a little odd.

Celebrities have long used their fame and renown to act like idiots. Take Britney's first marriage, various incidents with Paris Hilton, and numerous others. Britney's carrer is back yadda yadda now that KFed is gone yadda yadda. mmmmmk. Whatever.

Anyways, just a little not-so-thought-out rant on how ridiculous and inane some of this can all be. My head hurts and I left my Tylenol at home.

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?