Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekending has ended

Back to Monday. Why do people villify Mondays so much? It's a chance to brush the cookie crumbs off your chin, put on a nice pair of shoes and march back into the world after a lazy weekend. Oh wait, or is that just me?

I've got mixed feelings here. Monday means I'm one day closer to Thursday - one day in which I'm at work and not out reporting (or in my apartment freaking out just thinking about reporting). One day closer to Tuesday, which is my day off and the day in which I do all my reporting. And, at least for this week, one day closer to seeing Kevin for the first time in over a month.

This time next week I know exactly where I'll be and I have a good idea on what exactly I will be doing. Drinking a cup of Cinnamon Apple herbal tea at work. Prepping for our weekly 11:30 meeting, and wrapping up my Sunday summary for my football blog, the Armchair Companion. This time next week I should also be much less stressed.

How do I know I will be less stressed? Let me tell you (after you wipe the cheese off your screen). By this Thursday, I need to have five possible profile subjects. One for my feature writing class, one for my profile due next thursday, and three options for my final project in my profile writing class. I don't even know five New Yorkers (well, maybe I do).

Here's where y'all come in. Know anyone interesting in NY that I could talk to and profile? Some things to think about:
-Interesting occupation (or an oddity in their field)
-Odd hobbies/life goals
-Overcoming difficult life events
-Been through something most people haven't
-Or just plain interesting (I'd love to meet new people out here nonetheless).
-Someone willing to talk to a grad student and let them hang out for a bit.

If you do, let me know. agh233@nyu.edu. If you let me know by Wednesday night, I will be contacting them Thursday morning (the earlier you let me know the better!). Yes, this is a little desperate, but that's what I am right now. Hopefully my interesting rants on life will come back soon, but until then, help!

Comments:
they really cut mondays some slack. i mean, of all the weekdays, monday has the best traffic. fridays may be wonderful because they kick off the weekend, but traffic totally sucks!
 

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?