Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I need a vacation

Now that I have officially passed off honeymoon planning duties to Kev, I have no excuse to stare at tropical paradises on my computer screen (except for the fact that they're pretty). With the cold creeping up more and more everyday, it's definitely going to be winter soon, and I need a vacation.

I came home at around 8:30 last night to a hissing radiator/heater thing in my room. Annoying as crap, the sound, but at least I can now walk around my apartment without being bundled up. What was I doing home so late, you ask?

In the name of journalism, as always, I was out trying new things. Masala Bhangra, a fitness/dance movement started by California-native Sarina Jain, that has inspired classes at gyms such as the New York Sports Club and Crunch, a line of fitness videos, and a show on FitTV. A hybrid aerobic workout using Indian dance-inspired moves, the classes are an hour of non-stop movement.

This high-energy workout is not for the sedentary or heavy, as it requires a lot of jumping about (I've never felt my fat jiggle so much). It was an interesting routine - easy to get the hang of but not boring at all. We started with some basic moves in a row - consistency is key. Pretty much just did the same thing over and over a few times before she added a few more moves to the end. The routine got longer and longer and the music got faster and faster.

It snowballed to the end of class - the energy got higher and higher and with each new guest at the door ("It's my mom!!!!!" "My sisterrrrrrr!") a new breath of energy hit Sarina, and it was infectious. I was tired after 10 minutes, but kept on shlepping for the sake of it.

Surprisingly, I'm not so sore today, and I guess it makes up for my yoga class being cancelled this week. Hope y'all are having fun living precariously through my adventures (sarcasm...hint hint).

Now how's about that vacation?

Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?